March 30, 2003  


***


Likely Presidential candidate Gary Hart has a blog.

I could vote for him for this alone.

(I probably won't, but it's still nice to see prominant public figures - beyond Dave Barry - get into the act).

He's even got a nice selection of blogging links.

***


Now abstract painting, is the art of not painting, but of selling nothing, and convincing people of its depth, insight, and meaning. Myself, I've always figured that if you have to explain the purpose of a painting, you've already failed ...

***


I don't particularly like to use other people's photography for my own purposes - painting, blogging, or Usenet - but here's at least one great shot that's better than an extremely similar photo I'd taken about seven years ago.






Painted Dunes, Lassen Volcanic National Park
As seen from Cinder Cone.



I'd show mine to contrast, but I've got a bit of a problem in that a.) My scanner is old and wretched, and b.) I never have the money to go out and pick up even a cheap, new scanner to digitalize the few hundred pictures I have that seem worthy. It's only been in the past year or two that I've selected the picture-on-CD option when getting my film processed, and not every time at that.


(Anyone who cares to send money for this noble cause is welcome to do so - the old fashioned way, as I don't currently have a Paypal account).

Here's one of mine, for the hell of it:






Lower Battle Creek Falls, Lassen National Forest


posted by kmmontandon | 3:47 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
contact
links
archives